Pressure washing is one quick and thorough way to clean the exterior of your house. Owing to the scale of the operation, you may want to hire a contractor to do the job for you. Then you’ll have to make sure the service provider you choose is fully qualified for the task. Otherwise, you run the risk of incurring costly damage to your property. Below are a few pointers that can help you in your search for a pressure washing contractor that will get the job done correctly. There are also additional tips for dealing with the contractor you choose while the job is ongoing and when it is done.
- Become Educated. It pays to have a clear understanding of what is involved in power washing. Be aware that exterior damage can possibly occur with this type of cleaning. This will help you assess the risks and know how and where to minimize those risks. In addition, it will help you to distinguish between cut-rate contractors and quality professionals.
- Arrange to meet the contractor in such a way that they evaluate the site to be worked on together with you. Establishing clear communications at this point will help limit the possibility of errors in the estimating process.
- Consult. A sound contractor will welcome the opportunity to examine your site, ask questions and note any potential areas of concern. These contractors will pay attention to your needs and decide what type of service you need and expect. In addition, they will also go over with you the advantages and limitations of the service that they provide. As you meet with different contractors, be sure to question them on the specifications of the service, exact procedures, outcome and potential for damage. You will then be able to get a clearer picture of the service and decide which contractor to award the job.
- Request a Methods Listing. This list will summarize and outline the steps that the contractor will take during the project. It maybe part of an estimate or on an entirely different piece of paper. The methods listing is an excellent tool for comparing and contrasting potential pressure washing services with one another.
- Question Equipment Status. Does the contractor own the equipment or are they rented? Contractors that either own or lease their equipment are typically more reliable and committed to their pressure washing business. Contractors who rent equipment may be an indication that they are not as reliable. Pressure washing hamilton nj
Professional pressure washing contractors will have equipment that meet these specifications: 11 to 15 horsepower (hp); 3000 to 4000 pounds per square inch (psi) pressure and 3 to 6 gallons per minute (gpm) water flow. A pressure washer that has a rating of 2000 PSI and 2 GPM or below is residential-grade equipment.
- Ask for a Demo. You will find a few cleaning contractors actually agreeing to give you a demo because doing one can be both time consuming and difficult to stage. Many contractors will deny demonstration requests and insist that the client be available at the initial stage of the project. This practice is not uncommon. Contractors will instead request that you be around when the job starts. If for any reason you are unhappy with how the work is going, do not hesitate to let the contractor know about your concerns.
- Get Estimates in Writing. An estimate on paper is extremely important for any type of contractor jobs. These estimates help to protect both you and the contractor. Make sure that the written estimate details specifications of the service, final project expectations and total expenses in work, labor and materials.
- Obtain References. Obtaining references is important. Make sure that referrals are for pressure washing projects and not for other contracted services such as deck restoration or vinyl siding cleaning. Make sure to use the references once the contractor has provided them to you. Ask questions in regards to the quality of the work such as project outcomes, workmanship and professionalism.
- Guarantee and Financing Policies. Read over the financing or billing policies and customer guarantee or satisfaction papers. Make sure that you understand policies in regards to payment schedules and deposits. What type of satisfaction and guarantee does the contractor offer on the finished project?
- Coverage. Make certain that the contractor has liability coverage. Professional pressure washing contractors will have coverage for their customers and themselves. Liability insurance should cover potential on-site mishaps, injury or property damage.
- Evaluate Cost. The fees for the pressure washing service will be a determining factor in deciding which pressure washing contractor to hire. However, make sure to evaluate the quality of work that you will be receiving for the project. A lower bid does not necessarily guarantee high quality work.
- On-Site Inspection. During the home impproject, be present on-site to inspect the work and keep an eye on the work being done. You should be available to talk with the contractor should any problems arise
To sum up: Educate yourself about pressure washing and how it is done. Ask questions and get references for each pressure washing contractor. Do a thorough cost comparison of the project, materials and labor and use commonsense. Eliminate potentially poor quality pressure washing contractors. A qualified professional will be more than happy to help you through the entire selection process and provide you with the necessary information you need to make an informed decision.